Possibility of steam greenlight?

You have suggestions or want to give feedback to the game or the forum? Post it here!

Possibility of steam greenlight?

Post by ZOIDBERGER » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:24 am

Het lewa, love your game, I was wondering if there was a plan to realese this game on steam, and if you did, I was also wondering about any additional fetures (pre-steam player bonuses, extra levels ECT.) and the price, any reply would be greatly appreciated! :D

Site Admin

Re: Possibility of steam greenlight?

Post by Lewa » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:44 pm

As i'm not sure if i'll sell this game or release it for free (chances are much higher for a freeware release) i'm not sure if it makes sense to go to steam greenlight. (If it is going to be free.)
In my eyes it makes much more sense to distribute freeware games through an own website as i can release updates/patches whenever i want (and i don't have to follow any kind of rules which may be on steam.)
The good thing about steam would be that i can use the Steam Accounts for the online highscore and map-sharing functionality. (So people don't have to register on a game-specific website in order to use those features.) But yeah, as i said i don't know if this is going to be a freeware release or not.

Only time will tell...