Music

All forum related things belong to here. Feedback, improvements, discussions, etc...
SpeechRezz

Music

Post by SpeechRezz » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:08 am

I've sent an email months ago that said I could make music for your game. I'm here in case you guys changed your minds.

Here are examples of what I can do:

Not trying to advertise, just trying to show my abilities. (I can do this for you guys for free, in case you were worried. I just want some project to work on and making music is fun :D)

On top of that, I can sound design (I've only had 1 year of experience but I can still do a lot) meaning I can make menu sounds and other stuff.

Lewa
Site Admin

Re: Music

Post by Lewa » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:23 pm

Thank you for the offer. :)
The soundtracks you composed are pretty nice! But there is already a composer working on this game.

I'll announce publicly if i''ll need another person for such a task in the future. But as of right now, there is no need for that. ;)

Again, thank you for the offer. ^^

SpeechRezz

Post by SpeechRezz » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:08 pm

No problem, thanks for listening to my tracks :3 Great game BTW. It's pretty fun and reminds me of Mirror's Edge a lot. I just wish the environment was more exciting, just having blocks here and there is kinda boring. You should take a look into some maps for CS:GO bhopping/surfing (A good example would be surf_utopia).

Lewa
Site Admin

Post by Lewa » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:48 pm

You should take a look into some maps for CS:GO bhopping/surfing (A good example would be surf_utopia).
I'll look into those maps. The current background scenery is so simple mainly for two reasons.
1. It is easier to make (pretty much a tool in the editor)
2. Background scenery doesn't really add anything to the time-trial. (Designing full blown "towns" out of this blocks in each level would take weeks.)

But i'll look into it and see what/how i can improve that. :)

BlueCrescentMoon

Post by BlueCrescentMoon » Sun May 15, 2016 6:06 am

Just a little note I would like to put here since it is music related, I dunno if anyone else has done this but as long as you can convert files into a .oog you can put it into Celaria>data>sound>soundtrack and have it named whatever you want, the game will automatically play the .ogg files you put in. (I do this one because only three music files gets boring after a while, I mean not to be rude the ost is great but it gets repetitive, but also because having more music to listen to while making maps is really nice.)
I'mma nerd, what else is there to say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSb0Euh4p58
Me ^^^

Lewa
Site Admin

Post by Lewa » Mon May 16, 2016 4:05 pm

BlueCrescentMoon wrote:Just a little note I would like to put here since it is music related, I dunno if anyone else has done this but as long as you can convert files into a .oog you can put it into Celaria>data>sound>soundtrack and have it named whatever you want, the game will automatically play the .ogg files you put in. (I do this one because only three music files gets boring after a while, I mean not to be rude the ost is great but it gets repetitive, but also because having more music to listen to while making maps is really nice.)
That's actually intended. :)
I specifically used an open-source audio-library (called "Audiere") to bypass some of the sandboxing file-restriction of the game-engine.
So yes, you can just add (and even remove) the .ogg files in the soundtrack directory to customize your game-experience. The game will automatically load all .ogg files in this directory and play them during gameplay (in a random order).

Also there will be more built-in soundtracks for the game in the future. :)