New Block types

You have suggestions or want to give feedback to the game or the forum? Post it here!
Lewa
Site Admin

Re: New Block types

Post by Lewa » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:30 am

BlueCrescentMoon wrote:I can "see" how that would be a problem. Although I am achromatopsia colorblind, I can only see in greyscale. So if new colors were added they would have to be lighter/darker than the current blocks, as of rn it's okay, the colors are alright enough so I can tell what is what. If your wondering what it looks like for me use this site. http://www.color-blindness.com/coblis-c ... simulator/ upload a screenshot of Celaria and pick "Achromatopsia". You'll understand how I see things. Just a small thing you may want to consider when picking colors.
Wow. Never thought that i would meet (or speek) to someone who has this rare condition.
Tested the website. It can be hard to distinguish a few things from each other. Especially the skybox from some of the blocks.
Are there any issues you're having with the gameplay due to the monochromatic view? (Maybe i can figure something out for color blind people.)
drakovyrn wrote:Hmm, that's very interesting. It seems to me like black may be the best way to go. At least, it's easily recognizable from other colors, and makes for a nice contrast (white good, black bad, etc). I imagine it should be easily visible to someone with Achromatopsia.
Black would be the most distinguishable color. But i'm not really keen on the idea as it doesn't fit with the rest of the art-style. (Everything has bright and vibrant colors. Black feels a bit out of place.) I'll have to experiment with it though.

drakovyrn

Post by drakovyrn » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:50 am

Lewa wrote: Black would be the most distinguishable color. But i'm not really keen on the idea as it doesn't fit with the rest of the art-style. (Everything has bright and vibrant colors. Black feels a bit out of place.) I'll have to experiment with it though.
I disagree, the blue that's used in the game doesn't seem very vibrant to me (though, neither does the purple), but it makes a nice contrast with a "bright/vibrant = good, dark/gloomy = bad" scheme.
Open Source Software and Operating System enthusiast. I mainly use Solus. https://solus-project.com/

Google+ https://plus.google.com/+Christianwinslett :)

BlueCrescentMoon

Post by BlueCrescentMoon » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:38 am

Everything is fine for now, I can tell other blocks apart at the time being, I have settings I use just for Celaria on my computer so I can see all the colors separately. I see any and all colors from white to black. Every single grey in between. As long as blocks are a little darker or brighter than others then it's fine.
I'mma nerd, what else is there to say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSb0Euh4p58
Me ^^^

kenedy

Post by kenedy » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:50 am

of course yes but the first of all it would add some complications
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.

Lewa
Site Admin

Post by Lewa » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:46 am

drakovyrn wrote:
Lewa wrote: Black would be the most distinguishable color. But i'm not really keen on the idea as it doesn't fit with the rest of the art-style. (Everything has bright and vibrant colors. Black feels a bit out of place.) I'll have to experiment with it though.
I disagree, the blue that's used in the game doesn't seem very vibrant to me (though, neither does the purple), but it makes a nice contrast with a "bright/vibrant = good, dark/gloomy = bad" scheme.
I'm open minded about that. Will try that out sometime once i have time. :)
BlueCrescentMoon wrote:Everything is fine for now, I can tell other blocks apart at the time being, I have settings I use just for Celaria on my computer so I can see all the colors separately. I see any and all colors from white to black. Every single grey in between. As long as blocks are a little darker or brighter than others then it's fine.
That's good to hear. I will add the ability to tweak the colors of the blocks by editing a .ini file of the game. (As a "quick and dirty" solution for color blind people.)
kenedy wrote:of course yes but the first of all it would add some complications
Welcome to the forum. :)

Also sorry for the late reply. University has gotten in the way (and the next 1-2 weeks also aren't going to be that much better.) Still, i make progress and sit on the computer whenever i have the time and energy to do so. :P