[Bug][Or is it a feature?] Negative values in the map editor (Who am I kidding? : || Liczby ujemne w edytorze map ||)

Bugs (physics-bugs,crashes during gameplay,UI-errors,etc...) belong here.
Artain

[Bug][Or is it a feature?] Negative values in the map editor (Who am I kidding? : || Liczby ujemne w edytorze map ||)

Post by Artain » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:02 pm

[Description]
The bug occurs when you try to enter negative values for a property of position. It just doesn't let you, nor does it let you copy and paste, and if you want to edit an existing negative value made with the grid, it just switches to a positive value... The only was to get a negative value is through moving by mouse, and when you want something like -8.50 it's reallly hard, the grid won't cut it, and the GRID: OFF movement is (usually) moving the block 0.02 ahead, while you need something like 0.01 .... Please fix
Um, what do I say here... Welcome to... No, No... Um... I'm Artain the First, Baka Extraordinaire

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the side note, gratulations for anyone who got that reference.

Dr Gains

Re: [Bug][Or is it a feature?] Negative values in the map editor (Who am I kidding? : || Liczby ujemne w edytorze map ||

Post by Dr Gains » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:55 pm

What I have started doing for my maps is start at like x and y 500/1000 and start building in a postive direction. Wouldnt say its a bug, just something missed. Another bug you might run into is not being able to delete blocks, etc. All you have to do there (for now) is click save or load, then exit back into the editor. Id love to see what you come up with, and welcome to the forum.
Get involved in speedrunning Celaria and compete against friends and others at
https://www.speedrun.com/Celaria
Full Map List
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... fUJIZ4WITU
Last Update: Tuesday June 20, 2017.

Lewa
Site Admin

Re: [Bug][Or is it a feature?] Negative values in the map editor (Who am I kidding? : || Liczby ujemne w edytorze map ||

Post by Lewa » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:09 pm

The bug occurs when you try to enter negative values for a property of position. It just doesn't let you, nor does it let you copy and paste, and if you want to edit an existing negative value made with the grid, it just switches to a positive value... The only was to get a negative value is through moving by mouse, and when you want something like -8.50 it's reallly hard, the grid won't cut it
That's a bug. The input filter for the property values filters the negative-sign out (i overlooked it). I fixed it internally and it will be fixed at release.
and the GRID: OFF movement is (usually) moving the block 0.02 ahead, while you need something like 0.01 .... Please fix
You should be able to move entitys by a value of 0.01 on the field. (I don't think that it limits you in doing that.)
Maybe it's also one of those things that was a bug in the alpha and i fixed it internally. (I lost track on all the stuff i fixed XD)

Another bug you might run into is not being able to delete blocks, etc. All you have to do there (for now) is click save or load, then exit back into the editor. Id love to see what you come up with, and welcome to the forum.
Might be also one of those things which i already fixed internally. (Although not sure.) The editor had a lot of weird special cases which i had to look into and fix a while back.

Artain

Post by Artain » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:58 pm

[Lewa]
You should be able to move entitys by a value of 0.01 on the field. (I don't think that it limits you in doing that.)
Maybe it's also one of those things that was a bug in the alpha and i fixed it internally. (I lost track on all the stuff i fixed XD)
Yeah I can, though it takes like 5 minutes before I'm done and a lot of rage.

[DrGains]

Thanks! I already have ideas, but no skill ;[ have this, maybe you'll make use of it:
-Tower with levels, extendable at will.
-OpenWorld kind-of like Mirror Edge Catalyst (this would take at least a year, so scratch it)
-Adventure Map with some nice voxel and pixel art <3
Um, what do I say here... Welcome to... No, No... Um... I'm Artain the First, Baka Extraordinaire

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the side note, gratulations for anyone who got that reference.