[crash] Crash after playing few min

Bugs (physics-bugs,crashes during gameplay,UI-errors,etc...) belong here.
BiiWiX

[crash] Crash after playing few min

Post by BiiWiX » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:02 pm

Ok so I download the game today and I lauched it normaly, everything was ok. But after few min the game crashed and I my pc crashed too. I tried to play it again and same thing hapened again. The game took 100% of my memory it's for that I crashed. I'm not the only person who it happened.

Sorry for my english !

Lewa
Site Admin

Re: [crash] Crash after playing few min

Post by Lewa » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:37 pm

Welcome on the forum! :)

I'll need more information as to how the crash happened (did it happen while you were playing a map, in the menu, etc...), and if there were any error messages wich could help determining what kind of crash this was.

Also i'll need more info on your PC setup.
Things like:
- Operating system (Windows 7/8/10, 32 or 64 bit)
- Your amount of RAM
- Your Graphics card (exact model)

In addition to that, what version of the game were you playing? There are multiple versions available for download. (Open alpha v5 is the most recent one.)
The game took 100% of my memory it's for that I crashed
How much Ram do you have? The game is a 32 bit application and thus can't consume more than 3.5GB of ram.
Under normal circumstances this shouldn't crash Windows (only the game). Even if the game consumes your physical ram, windows would detect that your physical ram isn't enough to hold that much data and would "page out" some of the ram on the HDD in order to prevent a crash. (Of course, this would decrease the PCs performance immensely.)
I'm not the only person who it happened.
Who exactly had this issue besides you?

BiiWiX

Post by BiiWiX » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:30 am

Hi ! Sorry I didn't see your replie before today !

So first for my PC setup:
- Windows 10 64bit
- 16go RAM, 1600 mhz DDR3
- GTX 1070 FE
- CPU i5-4790

I play with the Open alpha v5. The game (and the pc) crash after few min (like 5min), whene i'm playing a map (tutorial map). There was no error message. When it happened the game don't close but I can do nothing with the game or my pc.
And 2 friends had the same issue. There pc crashed the same way.

Lewa
Site Admin

Post by Lewa » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:38 pm

There was no error message. When it happened the game don't close but I can do nothing with the game or my pc.
Does the game freeze? (i thought that the complete PC including windows crashed.)

If it freezes (and you can't move your mouse) than you can try to close the game by opening the task-manager (CTRL+ ALT + DEL and selecting "task-manager") and closing the game from there (simply killing the game process.)

BiiWiX

Post by BiiWiX » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:47 pm

I can't open the task-manager. Like I said the complete PC crash. I can do nothing, I only can hardly move my mouse.
If I listen a music the music bug too

Lewa
Site Admin

Post by Lewa » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:15 pm

If it's a complete freeze, than this might be a hardware issue.
If a software or the graphicsdriver crashes, windows should automatically detect that, close the program (and if needed) reset the graphics driver to the default state. (Windows 7,8 and 10 have a very good failsafe mechanism to avoid locking up the PC completely.)

Otherwise i have no idea what might be causing this. Your PC is more than capable to play this game without any performance issues.
It could be driver related. (Maybe the audio engine which i used in the alpha does have compatibility issues?)
I replaced the sound-engine internally in the latest build, so this might help with stability (if this is really the issue.)

Sadly, without being able to reproduce and debug it, i can't really look into this issue properly. :(

sindyciaray

Post by sindyciaray » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:16 am

When it happened the game don't close but I can do nothing with the game or my pc. PhenQ