How to edit the game?

For everything that doesn't fit in the other forum-subcategorys.
Artain

How to edit the game?

Post by Artain » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:00 pm

I want to edit the data of the game for custom crystal models etc. effectively making a "texture pack", but I don't know how to do that ;( I downloaded blender, though, so I can open .obj.
Um, what do I say here... Welcome to... No, No... Um... I'm Artain the First, Baka Extraordinaire

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the side note, gratulations for anyone who got that reference.

BlueCrescentMoon

Re: How to edit the game?

Post by BlueCrescentMoon » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:46 am

I've personally talked about Lewa on the subject through pm's because I had a project I was going to be working on. To put it in short... This game has no textures, everything is hard baked in due to the way the game is made. (On a 2D engine) Though this is defiantly an idea for the future of Celaria in a possible sequel...that is if it were to ever happen.
I'mma nerd, what else is there to say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSb0Euh4p58
Me ^^^

Lewa
Site Admin

Post by Lewa » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:17 pm

Not all models in the game have a texture applied to them. (The crystals/spheres and the character model.)
In addition to that, the game engine which i use packs most of the data (including textures) in a data.win file which is located in the games directory.
(Which is as far as i know a proprietary format made by the engines developers.)
So in order to edit those textures woul would need to somehow edit the data.win file.

Artain

Post by Artain » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:56 pm

Well, I can decompile the data.win file, at least to .dat files, a text file and some sprite files...

P.S.: I can't compile it back up.

||Też jestem z polski ;) ||

P.P.S.: Could you categorize the game? https://yal.cc/on-gamemaker-studio-game-decompilation/ I'm only 14, after all...
Last edited by Artain on Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Um, what do I say here... Welcome to... No, No... Um... I'm Artain the First, Baka Extraordinaire

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lewa
Site Admin

Post by Lewa » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:00 pm

DID YOU REALLY MADE THIS IN GAMEMAKER?!?!?!?!?!
yes.
Never tried decompiling a GM project. (I don't have any experience in modifying compiled GM games.)
||Też jestem z polski ;) ||
Miło cie poznać :)
P.P.S.: Could you categorize the game? https://yal.cc/on-gamemaker-studio-game-decompilation/ I'm only 14, after all...
The current build of the game doesn't use the YYC. (And i doubt that it will at the final release.)

Artain

Post by Artain » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:58 pm

yes.
I still can't believe it.
Never tried decompiling a GM project. (I don't have any experience in modifying compiled GM games.)
Like probably everyone on this forum... My text was just a note btw
Miło cie poznać :)
|| Ciebie też :D ||
The current build of the game doesn't use the YYC. (And i doubt that it will at the final release.)
Okay, I will TRY to download Microsoft Visual Studio to "Edit" binary data manually (I really just want to take a look at it for now 'cause hardly I will be able to compile it back up, so I want to have at least an idea of what I'm going after)